Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Crock Pot Chicken Stew

Okay, I will admit that while tasty, this ended up being way too sweet. Definitely need to make recipe modifications to it!

Ingredients:
Chicken breast
Sweet potatoes
Carrots
Onion
Garlic
Brown Sugar
Chicken Stock
Chili Powder

Put the chicken on the bottom of your crock pot. Chop up your sweet potatoes and add them. Dice your onion and garlic and put in. Add baby carrots. Top with brown sugar. I ended up putting way too much in (I forget how much sugar sweet potatoes contain). I suggest only doing maybe 1/8 c, if even that much. Add chili powder and chicken stock. Cook on low for 4-6 hours.

My suggestions for modifications:
Russet potatoes instead of sweet potatoes for a much less sweet taste.
If you want to use the sweet potatoes, only do a sprinkling of brown sugar.
Add more spice with the sweet potatoes, like Cayenne or even Curry.

No comments:

Post a Comment