Thursday, August 16, 2012

Fried Tilapia

I decided to try on a whim frying up tilapia. I wanted to try something other than baking with citrus. Oh man, this was super tasty! I put roasted potatoes with it.

Fish Fry Ingredients:
Tilapia (however many pieces you want)
Fish Fry (we used Zatarain's Seasoned fry)
Oil

Thaw out your fish if it's frozen. Completely dry all excess water off the fish. Heat your oil in a medium skillet. Coat both sides of your fish in the fish fry breading. Put the filet in the oil, frying one side at a time. I used a little over an inch of oil to fry. Drain the excess oil (put the filet on a paper towel).

Roasted Potatoes:
3 medium potatoes
Creole seasoning
Garlic Salt
Butter

Chop your potatoes into bite-size pieces. Add a few good sized dollops of butter. Sprinkle on the garlic salt and Creole seasoning. Bake for 40 minutes at 400 degrees.

I do suggest adding your own seasonings to the the fish fry. It was a bit bland for my family's tastes, but gave a nice crust to the tilapia.

No comments:

Post a Comment