Friday, August 31, 2012

Oven "Fried" Chicken

Okay, so I was initially going to make actual fried chicken, then pretty much felt lazy after a long day and didn't read all the directions on the recipe, so my chicken did not soak in buttermilk for 2 hours. Plan B: baked chicken. Let me just say James was totally raving about this! It even had a nice, crispy skin!

Ingredients:
Chicken (I used leg quarters)
2 eggs, beaten
Flour
Breadcrumbs
Paprika
Ground white pepper
Garlic salt
Sage

Preheat the oven to 400. Dredge your chicken in flour, then dip in the 2 beaten eggs. In a separate bowl, mix your breadcrumbs with spices. When mixing with breadcrumbs, I spice by smell since breadcrumbs can drown out spices. Dredge your chicken in the seasoned breadcrumbs after the egg dip. Put in a 9x13 casserole dish. Bake for 45 minutes for bone-in pieces, 35 for boneless.

I honestly think this recipe was better than fried. Next time, to give the chicken more flavor, I think I am going to try seasoning the flour a little bit. The skin crisps up very nicely as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment