Sunday, August 26, 2012

Potato Roast (Side Dish)

This is by far one of my favorite side dishes to make. All of my family loves it. I got the idea from the Perini's cookbook, but tweaked it to make it my own. I do something different every time I make it.

Ingredients:
4-5 medium russet potatoes
handful of mushrooms (this is really to your preference)
1 small yellow onion
Butter
Seasonings of your choice

I chop/dice everything, then mix it into the casserole dish.

Dice your onion. If you like a lot of onion, feel free to add an additional onion. Put it into an ungreased 9x13 casserole dish. Next, slice up your mushrooms. I didn't count today, but I probably use about 6 mushrooms in most casseroles. Chop your potatoes. I cut mine in half, then each half into quarters before chopping them. Put them into your casserole dish. Add several dollops of butter (or Greek yogurt if you don't want all the fat). Add your seasonings. I used crushed red pepper, paprika, garlic salt, and ground white pepper on mine. Mix everything together so that the seasonings and butter coat everything. Put in the oven for 60 minutes at 400 degrees. Your potatoes should be fork tender when they finish coating.

The best thing about this dish is the ability to change up what you cook with the potatoes. I've done plain potatoes, cooked asparagus with them, even done green beans and carrots. Always comes out as a super tasty side dish!

No comments:

Post a Comment