Friday, August 10, 2012

Asian Beef Roast

So I get tired of the same ole, same ole pot roast. Carrots, beef, and potatoes only get me excited so much. James thought I was crazy for this, but I decided to do an Asian style roast. It turned out way better than we expected, although it could have used slightly heavier seasonings.

Ingredients:
Rump Roast
Beef Stock
Teriyaki Sauce
Coriander
Cumin
Ginger
Egg noodles
Peas

Put the rump roast into your crock pot. Make the beef stock according to directions. I added an extra cup of water since I didn't want a heavy beef stock taste. Add a generous amount of Teriyaki sauce. Crush the coriander (I used a mortar and pestle). Add all spices into the crock pot. Set the crock pot on Low and leave it for 6 hours.

Before you serve dinner, cook the egg noodles and peas. Serve the beef and juices over the noodles and peas.

No comments:

Post a Comment