Sunday, May 10, 2015

I'm a dance mom!

Okay, if you know Mady, you see my crazy tomboy. She loves to play baseball, soccer, and be out in the country.

We decided in December that we were going to look into putting her in dance. Why not? She loves to be center of attention. I was not sure how she would react to it. She got bored in gymnastics since it was so much "sit around and wait for your turn". She's shocked me though. She LOVES to dance. She practically begs me nightly to take her to dance.

Well kiddo, buckle up. You've now got dance nightly! Her first recital/show is coming up, so we are in the busiest dance week a dance mom has. Hair and make-up nightly to get her 100% used to it. And if you haven't seen her lately, her hair is not super long. It's growing, but we currently use, I don't know, about 7-8 butterfly type clips, plus around 1-1.5 dozen bobby pins. And that's just to keep the short layers up! Remind me not to take her through a metal detector with her hair up like this.

Oh, and the make-up...bright blue eyes and super dark lashes. I don't do super dark make-up. Soft pink and medium brown eyeshadow, eyebrows filled in (thanks blonde hair!), black kohl liner, black mascara (lucky girl only needs 1 coat to get long lashes!), a little soft pink blush, and pink lips. She could knock you out with how beautiful she already is, and all of her stage make-up makes her pop so much more (but then again, I'm highly biased!). However, the eyeliner...I'm pretty sure I'd rather bathe our cat than tackle getting eyeliner on this child. You would seriously think I'm trying to stab her eye out with how she howls! Oh this crazy little nut.

James keeps telling me I much love being a dance mom. What I love is seeing my oldest daughter finding her niche, finding a hobby that she excels at, and that gets her excessive ADHD energy out. In just 4-5 months, she has learned so much. She knows what first position is, and very happily gets into it. We are working on her smiling while she dances, but she's at least up there and enjoying every moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment