Thursday, December 6, 2012

Cheesy Chicken Pasta Bake

So boiling chicken to shred is one of my favorite techniques. The chicken stays so tender and moist! I needed a quick and easy way to use chicken that would fill up a toddler and preschooler who have hit growth spurts at the same time.

Ingredients:
Chicken breast
Pasta of choice (I used ziti)
Seasonings
Cheese of choice (I used mozzarella and colby jack)
Pasta sauce if you like

Set a stock pot of water on to boil. Once boiling, add your raw chicken breasts. Boil for 15 minutes. Let rest for another 10 on a cutting board after they cook. Boil your pasta until just about al dente. Drain well (I used a slotted spoon to dish it into my baking dish to make sure all the water was removed from the pasta). Mix in your cheese(s), seasonings, and chicken. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. It should get nice and gooey while the chicken stays really moist. Both my kids ate small, adult-sized portions of this and loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment