Friday, November 30, 2012

Pan seared steak

Okay, so most my dishes/cooking vessels are packed up, and I didn't feel like busting out the George Foreman. lol. So I used a skillet to do a light sear/fry on sirloin. Super tasty!

Ingredients:
Steak
Seasonings (I went with chili powder and garlic salt - everything else was packed!)
Olive Oil

I put enough oil in my medium skillet to thoroughly coat the bottom. While the oil was heating, I seasoned the steaks. I suggest a slight over-seasoning since the oil absorbed some of my meat's flavoring. Once the oil is hot, put your steak in. Sear it for 3-5 minutes per side, depending on how you like your steak cook. I did about 3 minutes per side and got a nice medium.

We served black beans with this.

Had I not had most my kitchen packed up, I would have kept with the chili and garlic, but I think adding a cheese crisp to the steak, or a parmesan crust with the steak being finished in the oven to get a nice color to the cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment