Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Crock Pot Pulled BBQ Pork

Okay, I'm stealing this idea from a friend who blogs about her cooking adventures and recipes. Thanks Danielle!

As my mother puts it, I have become quite a good cook. :) It was always there, I just had to feel like cooking! Last night, Mom and Dad came over for dinner. We did pulled BBQ pork, roasted potatoes, and black beans with corn. The beans definitely needed to soak longer (they were a bit crunchy), so they got left in the pot soaking over night. lol. Anyways, the rest of dinner came out great!

Pulled BBQ Pork
2 packages of Pork Loin Backribs (I used about 2 lbs)
1 bottle of BBQ sauce of your choice

Put the pork loin into your crock pot. Add the BBQ sauce (the entire bottle!). Set your crock pot on low for roughly 8 hours. That's it! It shreds really easily by dinner time.

Roasted Potatoes
4-5 small to medium potatoes (I used russet potatoes)
Butter
Paprika
White pepper
Garlic salt
Cilantro
Parmesan Cheese

Skin and chop the potatoes. I quartered them, then quartered each quarter. Put them into an ungreased casserole dish. Mine was an 8x8, but the size is determined by how many potatoes you use. Add several large dollops of butter (nobody said this was a healthy dish!). Use seasonings of your choice. I listed what I used. No exact measurements again, I just add a few good dashes to get a good coating. Sprinkle with the Parmesan Cheese. Bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes. The top potatoes will be nice and crusty, with the bottom ones soft and tender.

The beans and corn were easy. Soak the beans (the longer, the better. Overnight, if possible), then cook them. I added corn and cilantro straight to the pot of beans. Serve warm or cold, both ways are tasty!

Next time I try a new recipe, I will remember to take photos.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you are stealing my idea. lol! So many good recipes out there to try, I am sure we will both try plenty of them!

    ReplyDelete